Guidelines for Commenting on AIP Advances Articles
AIP Advances takes the credibility and privacy of our authors and readers seriously.
Commenting will be moderated (but not edited in any way) by the Editorial Team at the offices of AIP Publishing.
The following scientifically useful additions will be approved as comments:
- clarifications and requests for clarification;
- links to supporting or related materials;
- any comments or questions about the content and consequences of an article.
The following types of comments will be rejected:
- comments that contain broad opinions, belief-based conclusions, or unreferenced assertions;
- comment that mention other works, but do not contain a citation, DOI, or other searchable reference;
- comments that only consist of a link with no supporting argument and background information
- comments that contain obscene or otherwise inappropriate language;
- accusations of any kind of misconduct (this type of inquiry should be taken up directly with the editors);
- comments that are shown to have malicious intent or inflammatory language.
The author will be notified of any comments the moment that they are published on that author's article. At that point, the author of the published paper may craft a response as a comment.
A comment will appear in the form submitted by the author. It is either accepted or rejected by our moderators in that form. If any editorial changes are required, the editorial office may contact the commenter to discuss resubmitting the comment with a revision.
Comments that have basic misunderstandings of science should be replied to and commented upon in the same stream of comments for that published paper.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact the editorial team of AIP Advances at firstname.lastname@example.org.